Becoming a mother is certainly the greatest gift for a woman but there are some women who face many problems in their journey of attaining motherhood. Nowadays, many couples are opting for In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) treatment for becoming parents as the success rate of this technique is quite high in comparison to other treatments available for infertility.
What is IVF?
‘In Vitro’ refers to a process which takes place outside the body – in this case in a petri-dish, rather than inside a living body. IVF is an Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) in which mature eggs are taken out from ovaries and fertilized using sperms in an IVF laboratory. After fertilization, the embryo or the embryos are transferred into the uterus. One IVF cycle usually takes three weeks but sometimes it may take a little longer as well.
Who should opt for IVF?
Couples who are trying to get pregnant for more than a year and have infertility due to blocked fallopian tubes or severe male factor infertility or diminished ovarian reserve opt for IVF, which is an advanced fertility treatment. This technique is usually the last resort for a woman who has not achieved success with other basic fertility techniques.
Consult the expert to clear all your doubts:
If you are struggling to become parents, then you should meet an expert in this field without any delay. Goral Gandhi is one of the best experts of India with a vast experience of 25 years in the field of embryology, fertility coaching, IVF and other Assisted Reproductive Techniques. Mumbai-based Clinical Embryologist Goral Gandhi is the founder and scientific director of Global Fertility Solutions, Mumbai, and she has helped numerous couples in making their dream of parenthood come true. The leading embryologist of India is quite passionate when it comes to offering aid to those women who have lost hope of motherhood after trying various other methods. What’s more, she has also organized many workshops in India as well as other countries and has trained many professionals in IVF, IUI (Intrauterine Insemination) and other ARTs.
How to prepare for IVF in a proper manner?
The process of IVF can be exhausting at both levels – physical and mental but with proper preparation, a woman can save herself from unnecessary anxiety and stress. It is advisable to give yourself 3-6 months before going for IVF so that you can prepare your body for the process but if you are left with little time, we will advise you to use that limited time in a constructive manner to increase your chances of pregnancy.
Here are few tips from Goral Gandhi to prepare for IVF:
1. Eat healthy and fertility enhancing diet: The first step that you should take is to manage your diet and include those food items in your diet which are healthy and increase fertility. Make fruits and vegetables (especially the green leafy vegetables) a part of your diet as they are low in fat but high in protein, calcium, potassium, magnesium and iron. Don’t forget to consume eggs, avocados, beans, nuts, whole grains and other food items which are rich in Omega-3 acid as they will give a boost to your fertility.
2. Say NO to smoking and alcohol, reduce intake of caffeine: These habits can have a negative effect on the IVF process as they have a detrimental effect on the quality of eggs and sperms.
3. Maintain healthy weight: Being overweight or underweight can also reduce the chances of IVF success so try to maintain healthy weight as advised by your doctor.
4. Go for high quality vitamins: The quality of egg will play an important role in IVF so it is better to take vitamins which increase fertility.
5. Relaxation techniques: In order to reduce stress, you should start practicing relaxation techniques such as meditation or breathing exercises. You should practice them not just before IVF but also during and after the process.
6. Yoga for increasing fertility: Yoga is also recommended for those who are trying to have a baby as there are some exercises which can increase the fertility of a woman. If you are thinking of going for IVF, it is highly recommended that you contact Goral Gandhi as soon as possible and prepare your body to become a mother! www.goralgandhi.com