We all have been forced to stay in our houses for more than a year or so due to the coronavirus pandemic and during this period, we had to cancel all our travelling plans in order to keep ourselves and our family members safe and sound. However, it’s good to see that things are getting back to normal and we can now plan trips to beautiful places to get ourselves rejuvenated and refreshed.
Mahabaleshwar, a small town in Satara district of Maharashtra, is one of the most beautiful hill stations of the country and boasts many mesmerizing attractions for tourists. It won’t be wrong to say that the enchanting spot has something to offer to everyone, regardless of age and interest. Whether you are inclined to spirituality, are a nature lover or an adventure freak, Mahabaleshwar will lure you with its scenic charm. Moreover, it is just the perfect place to explore for a family vacation, couple holiday and even for solo trips, thanks to a wide range of places to see and a plethora of activities that adrenaline junkies can enjoy here.
Mahabaleshwar is very popular for its ancient temples, spectacular waterfalls and rivers, dense forests, majestic peaks, magnificent forts, lovely strawberry farms and so on! The hill station has pleasant weather all over the year and it used to serve as summer capital during the British rule.
Here are six of the best attractions that you can’t miss to visit on your trip to Mahabaleshwar:
1. Pratapgarh Fort: It is one of the most popular historical forts of Maharashtra which witnessed the battle between the Maratha king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and Afzal Khan, the general of Adil Shah. Pratapgarh Fort is quite suitable for clicking some memorable and stunning photos.
2. Lord Mahabaleshwar temple: The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and it is also a testimony to the glorious days of the Maratha Empire. Every disciple of Lord Shiva will love to visit this temple once in his lifetime.
3. Veena Lake: It’s certainly the best place to explore for nature lovers. Venna Lake is one of the tourist attractions of Mahabaleshwar in Maharashtra state in India. The lake was constructed by Shri Appasaheb Maharaj, who was Raja of Satara in 1842. The lake is surrounded by trees. Tourists can enjoy a boat ride over the lake or a horse ride next to the lake.
4. Table Land: The highest point in Mahabaleshwar, Table Land is a stunning mountain plateau. It is basically a laterite rock formation that expands over 95 acres of land, 4500 feet above sea level. Tourists can go horse riding too.
5. Rajpuri caves: There caves are quite ancient and holy too because this group of four caves has many holy water bodies around them. Not just this, it is said that Lord Kartikeya used these caves for penance purposes and later on Pandavas also lived here during their exile.
6. Mapro Garden: Mapro Gardens are not just strawberry farms. They are a popular picnic spot in Mahabaleshwar where you can spend a day relaxing at the lush strawberry farms. Photo booths, sprawling gardens and delicious lunch with beautiful views of surrounding hills are activities at Mapro Garden that keep visitors busy throughout the day.
How to reach Mahabaleshwar?
In the times of COVID-19, health and safety are certainly the highest priority so you should ensure that your tours and travel operator provides you with not only comfortable and entertaining but safe journey as well. In the last two decades, Neeta Bus has earned the reputation of providing its customers with wonderful, amazing and premium transportation services and in the present times, they are taking all the measures to keep their customers safe. Neeta Bus operates in Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Rajasthan and Gujarat and the customers also have the facility to book their tickets online. So it is certainly a great option if you want to travel to Mahabaleshwar and get yourself soaked in the splendor of this exquisite hill station.
Where to stay in Mahabaleshwar?
If you are planning to visit Mahabaleshwar, Neeta’s Shanti Villa is a very good place to stay as it makes you feel like home even when you are away from home. Situated in the backdrop of huge trees, Shanti Villa offers a peaceful and world-class experience with amazing amenities and delicious food. Along with well-maintained rooms, it also provides modern spa facility, many indoor and outdoor sports activities and a chance to take a dip in the swimming pool.
So what are you waiting for? Get your tickets booked now! For booking call 8652222825